Software Engineer Intern Java
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We have been making navigation apps since 2002 and have been the market leader ever since.
And, we are not slowing down.
- Do you always think about writing a code ?
- Do you think of yourself as an enthusiast of Java?
- Does great code make you smile more than good coffee?
- Do you like working on next generation technologies? Who doesn’t actually?
- What about making a difference with your OWN ideas for features and improvements, getting a top place on the backlog?
How about - Want to code the future?
Pretty big thinking. We like to think we make that happen.
Recognition and awards – we are pretty humble when it comes to these. But we do like to be acknowledged for what we do.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge
- Work on next gen technologies: – building new user functionalities using the latest standards.
- Craft new and improved features in programming code and create engaging experiences.
- Involvement in development of automated web sourcing technology
- Develop web scrapping tools to extract POI information from global brands and websites
- Develop smart regular expressions to extract more detailed accurate information from Internet
- Working as a part of SCRUM team, deliver maintainable web scrapping scripts with good quality
What we expect from you
- Student in a field of Computer Science or any IT background
- Good command of English in speech and writing
- Good communication skills and team work
- Basic knowledge of Java
- Working knowledge of any scripting language e.g. Perl, Python
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Basic knowledge of regular expressions
- Exposure to relational databases
What you can expect from us
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
- Months contract with the possibility of extension
- Paid internship
- Flexible working hours
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers. The reference to this job is ID 24130.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.