MS Exchange Engineer
RIM GDC Łódź
- The MS Exchange Engineer will provide responsive, professional and competent technical support and maintenance for the enterprise messaging environments based on a variety of products, such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Lync, Mobile Solutions (Blackberry, Citrix XenMobile etc), Email archiving solutions (Symantec EVault, Autonomy EAS etc.) and other infrastructural components.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team supporting other teams and team members with technical queries relating to customer specific maintenance, issues and problems.
- Tools Mastery. Possess great knowledge of tools and toolsets used. Provides internal toolset training and takes ownership around queries in regards to customer’s systems.
- Business Awareness. Develops an understanding of the customers’ environment and service delivery requirements to enable successful delivery of the service.
- Follows established processes/procedures, recommends improvements as appropriate to resolve enquiries, issues or problems. Documents actions taken for continuous service improvement.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership of issues identified. Tries to understand the problem in order to find optimal solution or temporary workaround. Escalates and/or gains support where necessary to resolve the problem. Uses relevant information to diagnose and to resolve or enable resolution in a timely manner. Co-operates with account team and/or vendor support to provide technical input into incident and problem resolution process. Co-operates and instructs on-site engineers of diagnosed server issues.
- Service Level. Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/SLA.
- Team Working. Acts as an effective and helpful member of the team, demonstrating personal leadership, initiative and drive.
- Professional Development. Takes responsibility for learning about current products / systems builds / infrastructure layouts, to support daily business requirements. Advises superiors on latest trends/technologies and approaches to avoid foreseeable problems.
- Excellent knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 / 2010 / 2013
- Excellent knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Lync 2010 / 2013
- Must be able to create and maintain scripts (Powershell and/or VBS)
- Verbal and written English skill including Technical Vocabulary
- Windows Server Experience; troubleshooting of performance and availability of functions within Microsoft Exchange and supporting day to day support tickets are critical skills for this position.
- Advanced Windows Server OS 2008/2012/2012 R2 and familiarity and understanding of other IT related technologies (SMTP, AD, DNS & interactions between systems and functions).
- Knowledge and experience of core functionality for client applications (Outlook, Lync, Outlook Web, Mobile Devices).
- Must have experience working in enterprise environments supporting and maintaining messaging and unified communications solutions.
- Ability to analyze data and troubleshoot incidents effectively and present solutions to issues.
- Must be able to take the lead role in implementing new projects within messaging infrastructure.
- Awareness of ITIL best practices and ITSM Tool(s) will be an asset
- Excellent approach to Business Model and working under SLA Requirements
- Strong Customer Relationship – able to establish quick working relationships with customer
- Excellent communication – ability to communicate clearly with customers, colleagues and managers
- Excellent problem solving – ability to fix issues, being resourceful, and not giving up easily
- Drive and determination for technologies and services
- Initiative to constantly improve solution methods, and solution times
- Working well under time pressure
- Ability to prioritise tasks based on business requirements.
- Flexible Team Working – team player, upgrades during OOH hours
- Out of Hours shift work
Please send your CV and cover letter
#tagi: prac, microsoft, ms, exchange